February 4, 2012

Shark!

A couple of weeks ago my son-in-law bought a Shark steam mop and when I saw what a good job it did on their hardwood floors I’d been wanting to get one for our home.    A little story about my SIL:   he is a wonderful helper around the house for my daughter and he thinks he’s the only one who can mop “right”…..to which she just says “go for it”!    

So I did some research on different steam mops and settled on the Shark Pro Steam Pocket Mop+.    It has 3 steam settings and I wanted the option of having different levels of steam.    

 

shark cleaning products 002

 

When I used it on my kitchen floor I was shocked at how much dirt it picked up.     I had just mopped about a week ago so you can see how much dirt is not picked up by a regular mop.

shark cleaning products 004

I can’t believe I’m showing you how nasty my floors were but it’s amazing how much dirt is not picked up by regular mopping.  

 

Another little cleaning tool I recently picked up is this microfiber cleaning glove.

shark cleaning products 021

 

I love that I can just slip it on and run my hand over my furniture without getting out a polishing cloth….I just squirt my furniture polish oil (I like the oil better than the spray) on the glove and wipe away!   I got this  in Wal Mart.

 

And on a much different subject, tomorrow I’m taking my chair to the upholstery lady to have it covered in my vintage grain sack!    I have debated about painting and distressing the chair or leaving the wood as is.    When I saw the photo below I knew I wanted to leave the wood….since my chair is almost identical.

 

restoration hardware chair

via

 

I’m not sure if I’m going to use the same grain sack fabric for the seat of the chair since it’s somewhat scratchy….I bought some black linen to use in case I don’t have enough of the grain sack left to use for the seat.      This is the beginning of my den makeover!    

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I have wondered about those floor steamers. Does it give out enough moisture to damage the wood floor? I'd love for you to tell. :)

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Now that's a 'shark' that I could like! Love the inspiration chair! Looking forward to seeing yours!

NanaDiana said...

Judy- I love my little shark and use it on my hardwood floors. It is amazing the amount of dirt it picks up and I was just disgusted the first time I used it because I had mopped just a day or so earlier. Matter of fact, that is on my list of to-dos before I leave for Florida. My daughter got the one with the mini-vacuum in it and likes it a lot.


The chair is very neat. xo Diana

Patsy said...

I've used my Shark steamer 5 times and am ready to sell it. It doesn't do the job I thought it would. I have shiny laminate and it leaves behind a film and as soon as someone walks on it, it shows every foot step. It also doesn't clean the grout lines, just passes right over them.

Stacey, the machine has 3 settings and the low one is for a minimal amount of steam for hardwood. It evaporates as soon as it comes out.

Mary Anne said...

Judy: I am going to have look up this steamer. It looks great. Thanks for the endorcement!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

M.A.

Simply LKJ said...

Love, love, love my Shark steam mop!! It's kinda like a Dyson, the first time you use it, you are really grossed out by what you other mop left behind!!

it konsulent said...

Love Love the shark steam mop!, love my little shark and use it on my hardwood floors,All the people also like this blog and site also.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...