November 2, 2011

Hello from Me!

I haven’t blogged in over a week…really not much to tell other than the usual business of my life!    I was supposed to have gone to my best friend’s house in south Alabama last weekend but something came up with her family and we decided it would be best for her to attend to that and we’d get together another time.     I was really looking forward to spending time with her but we all know family comes first.

We have only two more payments to make on my car!   So of course, it seems like everything is going wrong with it at the same time.     On October 20th I was rear ended (luckily no one was hurt and my car has only minimal damage); then last Friday we had to get two new tires and this morning when I went out the battery was dead!     I’m so happy I have a hard working husband that took care of everything for me….it would be easy for me to have a gloom and doom attitude but I’m just grateful I have someone to take care of things like this for me.    

This weekend we’re heading to the lake house to decorate for Christmas….yes you heard right!    It’s the only weekend between now and the holidays my sister and I can get together and decorate  at the lake.    It’s become a tradition that she and her husband and me and mine go one weekend with no kids or grandkids and just have a relaxing time.      The guys work in the yard, we piddle around the house (and sometimes do a little shopping!) then fix something good to eat, build a fire that night, and watch SEC football.     This weekend is the big Alabama vs. LSU game….while we’re Auburn fans, this is a big game that we’re all interested in.     We’re going to have chicken tortilla soup and homemade cornbread.    Of course, we’ll sneak in a sinful dessert!

Well, that’s about all the exciting news for now.    I hope you’re still awakeWinking smile!

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Well, I'm still awake Judy. It sounds like you're busy in your own way. I'm sorry that you didn't get to visit your friend, though. I know how disappointing it is to plan something and then have to change your plans.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the lake house! xo Diana

Simply LKJ said...

Oh, I can relate to the car issues...same here!! UGH. Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned, enjoy!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Decorating for Christmas with your sister sounds like a fun tradition. I have a brother who is single and I decorate his house for him. He pretends not to know what to do but I think he just wants me to do the work. I enjoy it, though. Have a wonderful weekend!------ Shannon

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

You won't believe this, Judy, but J and I are digging out Christmas today, to take to the lake Monday!:-)

Enjoy your weekend!

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

I am so nervous about the game this weekend! I am a huge Alabama fan and this has me biting my nails for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...