May 15, 2008

Planter Envy

Just wanted to share a few pics of my Mother's Day gift from hubby! Every spring we fill our hay racks to overflowing with beautiful flowers and vines. The Friday before Mother's Day we went to select plants for the hay racks. On Saturday we got up and got busy getting them planted.



This is hanging on the fence just outside the sunroom...there are three planters, each a different size.


Rusty old garden chair....I love how it looks here!


On the patio is a little iron table that I've set up a little vignette on. A terra cotta angel, a fern and the lamp with the old moldy shade. Now some folks would discard the shade, but I love its weathered look. When we turn it on at night, it is sooo pretty.
























This is a fountain right outside the french doors to the sun room. Right now the pump needs replacing so I just popped a "faux" plant down in it for now. If I don't replace the pump, I will probably put an ivy plant in it.




Everything is so pretty right now but we haven't got to the "dog days of summer" around here. Last year the drought was unbearable so I'm hoping I can nurse these little babies along until fall.





Thanks for stopping by. I'll be posting some pictures later that I took at an outdoor wedding we attended on Sunday that my little Taylor was in!



15 comments:

Donna Kay said...

Your backyard is very nice - I love the hanging basket - I want to get a couple of those for my patio.
Thanks for the beautiful pics....
Bless....
Donna

Picket said...

Beautiful pics girl..I loved the baskets on the fence like that and that rusty chair was a "treasure"!!!! I loved it! Hope you have had a great day...take care!

PAT said...

I love the planters, Judy. I have the lanterns like the one you have on the fence. They've been in our bathroom, the foyer and now one is in the hearth room. I like how you have yours on the fence.

We have lovely dog days, here too. Everything looks so pretty right now, but in July, Missouri lawns start turning brown, if we don't watch out. And even if we do watch out sometimes!!

Pat

Pam said...

You have an amazing yard. It is beautiful.

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Judy ...

I enjoyed visiting your backyard and especially love your rusty chair and "moldy" lamp. I, too, usually like things in their natural state, even though they may be rusty, tattered, or tarnished. I think it just gives them "character."

I love your blog and will come back soon.

Sincerely,

Janie

Mandie said...

Beautiful pictures! I love this time of year don't you?!

Mrs. B said...

Hi Judy! Your yard looks so nice! I love that planter and the little terracotta cherub!

Melissa Lester said...

So pretty! I love the lamp; what a nice addition to your outdoor living space!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hello Judy, Your planters look gorgeous!! Hope you are having a great day. Nancy

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Judy, it all looks just beautiful!

It's been gorgeous here. I hope you're having some beautiful days too.

Hugs!
Kat

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

This is just soooo lovely, Judy! -Julia

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Gorgeous Judy!

I could spend many hours in your yard~ Thanks for sharing!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Susan

Sue said...

Judy,
This looks like such a serene place, I know that you really enjoy it.
Blessings,
Sue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Looks great, Judy! Loved seeing your pretty backyard! Thank you for sharing...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Love your yard...Beautiful planter and the birdhouse...Everything was beautiful..happy outdoor Wednesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...